Friday, February 19, 2010

CSAYL #41 - Recipe Challenge


Vicki , Summerthyme Studio, sent the following our way for the first CSALY Challenge of 2010...

Greetings! We hope that you enjoyed a safe and happy holiday and that the recipients of your challenge cards were wowed with your creativity!

It's that time again! Time to get going with your Christmas Cards. This year we have a slight change with the challenge blog. The first posting of the month will be a 3D gift type challenge. Last year the DT were very excited about having plenty of cards done, but some found that they were scrambling at the last minute to complete their gifts and gift packaging. Without further adieu, lets get into this weeks challenge!

This week we would like you to follow a recipe!
2 layers
3 buttons
Glitter

I used a glitter mist all over my card front. All images are Stampin' Up rub-ons, snowflakes and all!! I made the background paper with a color wash on water color paper. Then I sprayed it with my glitter mists! You can see the glitter mist best in this picture below.


Now I for one am very excited to be adding the 3D Challenge this year! I had so much fun with all the challenges last year and wow was it nice to have ample cards ready to send for the holidays. This year I am looking forward to not only having ALL my holiday cards ready for mailing but November but i will also have a jump start on my gifts as well!

Please go take a look at all the wonderful cards created by the team on the CSAYL Blog and if you want to play along, comment on this post with a link to your blog or online gallery.

9 comments:

  1. Awesome job, Connie! I recently bought the glitter mist and can't wait to try it! Love your technique. . .it turned out fantastic. Glad to be back creating X-mas cards again! So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty card you made for the first challenge! I love the colors you used and the embossing!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty with the distressing and pretty stamping!! Great job! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - love the snowflakes and how the buttons are the centers! Fabulous job with the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! I am excited about doing this another year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love the rub-ons - I should use mine more!!!
    I tend to hoard things..I bet I could be on that show "The Hoarders"....ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Connie! Beautiful look using Kraft paper. I'm enjoying being part of CSAYL and look forward to making lots of good stuff together.

    ReplyDelete