Monday, January 26, 2009

Christmas Cards All Year Long - Challenge #1

When I read about this today on Maria's blog I could not wait to get home from work and put together my card from the awesome sketch she posted. Today was the big launch of her new blog, Christmas Stamping All Year Long, each week she will post a challenge for us to participate in. I for one am excited to join in on the fun. What a great way to get a jump start on the holidays! So go check it out for yourself!

I used the Stampin' Up! set "Home For Christmas" as well as their papers and inks. Colored sections of the image with my Prismacolor pencils and mineral oil. You cannot tell really in the photo but the colored sections are "popped" out. The door is one level, the tree, light, and sled are another and the steps are a third. It adds fun dimension to the card!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are seriously quick!! LOL! I am so glad you decided to participate!! It'll be fun creating all the Christmas cards all year long, huh!! It'll feel like Christmas every week!! LOL!!

    Thank you for participating and being so enthusiastic! I love, love your card! You did a perfect job with the challenge!! I love that you used the Stampin up dp!! Your card is BEAUTIFUL!!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love the dimesion!! I think the blog is a wonderful idea and am glad to see you do too!

    ReplyDelete